Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:09:23 +0300
From:      <midiostri@in.gr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <igor@mordor.admiral.ru>, <ADyas@twowaytv.com>
Subject:   Re: X application without starting a desktop

alex adviced me:

>This is where you want to run your x-app, so instead of xterm and xeyes =
you
>put something like:

>exec <yourapp> &

Yes! That's the solution. I put this single line in my .xinitrc and my=20
application started together with the Xserver and nothing else. =
Beautifull :)

One detail: The above line didn't work with the ampersand. It seems that =

the last application that starts in .xinitrc must be ampersandless..

---------

Igor adviced:

>export LANG=3Dru_RU.KOI8-R # <-- this is for xdm started sessions
>xsetroot -solid SlateGray
>xbiff -geometry -0-65 &
>xclock -digital -geometry -0-0 &
>xterm &
>exec mwm   # <---------------- We don't need .xinitrc anymore

Well, I tried it but X doens't start (it seems it can't find mwm! I =
commented the last line but again, X won't start).

Thanks for helping everybody!
:)
Dimitri