Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 13:57:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation scripting fix to be committed to 5.x and 4.x wednesday

Numerous cross-posts and CC's removed

Nate Williams wrote to Poul-Henning Kamp:

> > >    Core should consider reverting the special rules that were originally
> > >    created with the expectation of major breakage in 5.x back to
> > >    the set of rules we had for 3.x and 4.x.
> >
> > I have no idea what special rules you are talking about for 4.x/5.x.
> >
> > 4.x-stable is a -stable tree and shall be treated as such.
>
> I was under the impression that 4.x hasn't been designated as the stable
> branch (yet).  That will happen when 4.1 is released, but until that
> happens 3.x is still considered the -stable release.
>
> Nate

Nate,

4.0 is indeed -STABLE.  Some (myself included) are simply staying with 3.4
on production machines until a few of the bugs have been shaken out of 4.0
(though there haven't been many!)  Therefore, many individuals are
recommending a wait until 4.1 before switching to RELENG_4.

Virtually yours,
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2