Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:25:46 -0400
From:      "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Chris Canova <canovac@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STB TV/FM Tuner, No Sound

Chris Canova wrote:
> -----------------------
> there isn't an audio out for my TV Tuner... there's an audio in tho.  when i
> was saying Audio OUT, i was referring to the internal wire that goes from
> the CD Player, into the TV Tuner, then another wire that goes from the TV
> Tuner into the sound card... these aren't normal headphone wires, they are
> specially modified (you know the kind you see going from CD roms to
> Soundcards).  Sorry i don't know the exact name of it, tho.  i checked with
> just plain mixer, line2 and line3 were muted, so i set them at 75:75.  That
> didn't fix anything along the lines of my Tuner, though.  Do you guys need
> anymore info?

Can you get sound from audio CDs?  If so, there is something is most
likely wrong with the bktr tuner, if not there is something wierd
with your soundcard/cables and you should double check the cables
by plugging the CD-ROM directly into the soundcard and fiddling
with the cables (can you even plug these in backwards?  Are there
multiple slots on the card?  Is it plugged into a digital audio
slot?)

--
  / \/ \  | ||_ _||  _ \|___| | Jason Andresen -- jandrese@mitre.org