Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      sawada@acm.org
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/39394: 4.6 does not run as VMware guest OS

The following reply was made to PR misc/39394; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: sawada@acm.org
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: sauber@netcom.com, sawada@acm.org
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:46:24 +0900

 Hoops, I lost a subject line for tracking. - Akira

 ---
 I met exactly same problem, but found a workaround.

 In the VMware configuration, remove CD-ROM device or change the CD-ROM
 device from IDE to SCSI. (If you remove it, you may want to add the
 one at at time to install VMware Tools.)

 In my observation with -v option for boot, the system hangs just after
 a message;
 DEBUG: deviceTry: Making raw device for /dev/acd0c [117, 0]
 DEBUG: deviceTry: open of /dev/acd0c suceeded on second try.

 My environments are;
 - Windows 2000 Professional SP2
 - VMware Workstaion 3.1.1 build-1790
 - FreeBSD 4.6R