Date:      Fri, 01 Aug 1997 13:00:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel howto, Second Request

Old, unanswered question:

How do I find the following, from a device driver?

  Drive Type in CMOS Drive 0

  Drive Type in CMOS Drive 1

  Number of drives (in CMOS location 40:75

  Processor Family (i386 vs. Alpha, etc.)

  Procesor Type (386 vs. 486 vs. P5 vs P6, etc.)

  OS Major Version (version 1 vs. 2. vs 3 )

  OS minor Version (x.1, etc.)

  OS Revision (or build number)

Next Question:  What is the equivalent of SysV physmap()?
    Physmap takes a physical memory address and returns a virtual address.
I am trying to access certain memory location only known by physical
addresses.

Thanx,

Simon