Date:      01 Oct 2002 19:53:30 +0000
From:      John-David Childs <noreply@nterprise.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad experience

The posting may have indeed been a "troll", but the points are
relatively valid.  My initial response (and the one in the FAQ) is
always "Don't track stable if you're a newbie".

However, the release process (especially since FreeBSD 4.4) does appear
to be sloppier than in years past.  If this is due to the turnover in
core, or the (relatively) large number of (new) committers, then I think
the bulk of us "die-hards" are willing to wait.  If this is a sign of
things to come...

--
John-David Childs (JC612)		Enterprise Internet Solutions
Systems Administration			http://www.nterprise.net