Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 04:38:53 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error

> Hey all.  I just installed FBSD on a 2nd machine and during the boot up
> messages and in the dmesg output, I have a line saying "pnp bios: Bad PnP
> Bios data checksum"
> I configured the kernel and she boots up without a hiccup and everything
> seems to be working good.  I double checked the bios and everything seems
> fine.  What does it mean???
> The motherboard is a Micron M55Hi rev A (HX Chipset) with a P166, 64M of
> ram, 6.4G HDD on the primary and an SMC Ultra 16 (8013) nic.

It means that your PnP BIOS data has a bad checksum (and thus we don't
trust it).  You might try upgrading your BIOS, or just ignoring the
message and being happy since there's probably not much on your board
that the BIOS would help with.

to be opponents, rather because the taks and relationships force