Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:38:13 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        johann@broadpark.no, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Revision control lacking features

At 7:12 AM +0200 4/23/02, johann@broadpark.no wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Are there ways of making RCS store it's ,v files (hierarchally
>mirrored) in a central directory, i.e. ~me/rcs instead of
>stuffing my system full of RCS directories? And perhaps make
>daily backups of the library?

You might want to look into using 'cvs', which is a bit more
sophisticated than rcs (even though it's built on top of rcs
ideas).  It includes the idea of a "central repository",
which holds all the ,v files (among other things).

It has limitations of it's own, but if you're looking for
something which is "a little bit more" than rcs, then you
might find 'cvs' pretty useful.