Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:51:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XDM/CHOOSER Xfree 401 and Xfree 336 on FBSD 4.2

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, O. Hartmann wrote:

:configuration situations the exact same behaviour! So I should exclude any
:trouble with IPFW or similar filtering tools or anything with autheticatio
:schemes.
:
:Well, I never read anything about problems or changes in how XDM works in
:XFree86 4.0.1, so if there is anybody out here who has some information
:he's very welcome to email me.

I remember that there was a problem with some early XFree 4.x, where the
default configuration was broken.  I don't remember the details, but it's
possible to fix by recompiling with the correct options.  It was discussed
here, or maybe in -chat.  Maybe this jogs someone's memory?

David