Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:12:41 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@harbor.ab.ca>
To:        Dhiraj Soni <dsoni@uswest.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux-Oracle.

For what it is worth, Oracle 8.0.5 Pre-Release for Linux (kernel 2.0.33)
arrived today.

The install worked fine but that is all scripted.
I tried to start svrmgrl and it requires libm.so.6, libdl.so.2 and
libc.so.6.  I created symbolic links to the versions of these libraries
that came in linux-lib-2.4 and then got an unresolved symbol of
__libc_init_first.  I would guess that that is because the version of libc
I have is libc.5.4.23.

OK, I grabbed glibc-2.0.7-13.i386.rpm (which I believe is a beta)  from
somewhere out there (no idea where anymore) which had the correct libs in
it but now I just get core dumps.

I don't have the time to pursue this any further so I will likely wait
until there is a new linux-lib distribution or somebody else figures this
out.

-Steve