Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 1996 12:01:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup)
Subject:   Lesstif

  Just a note to the adventurous--and you don't have to be that
  adventuresome.  Lesstif, v0.71 looks pretty interesting.  It's
  fairly solid given it's alpha status.

  It configures itself; you just type ./configure; then
  make install, and set up your .xsession to fire off ``mwm&''
  rather than your current window manager.

  Having only played around with it for a few hours last night,
  I can't answer any questions about it; but it would be interesting
  to see more of us pound on it and fix small bugs for the lesstif
  group.

  Over the next several months I'm going to see how well the Lesstif
  libs replace the standard Motif libraries...  &c.

  Any general questions or feedback?

  gary

  PS:  Hats off to whomever headed up this project at the University
  of Idaho!!  impressively first-rate... .