Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:32:32 -0000
From:      "Roger Hardiman" <roger@telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   iconv and givonc

Hi,
I'm the maintainer of the gnomemeeting port.

GnomeMeeting uses iconv (part of intltool) for the international
languages.

Problem is that the intltool system builds scripts (like intltool-merge)
which execute 'iconv' and I want them to execute 'giconv'
(iconv is a BSD Licenced app the iconv port
 giconv is the gnu iconv in the libiconv port)

The Gnome developer I spoke to on IRC said he did not
know how to make intltool generate iconv and not giconv
in scripts.

Is there anything we can do?

Cheers
Roger