Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 96 12:19:07 +0200
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        "Yegor D. Sinelnikov" <yegor@grn4.recyclenet.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /proc file system is full

yegor@grn4.recyclenet.com writes:

> Please give me a tip how to deel with /proc filesystem when it is full.
> df reports 100% and there are messages in log files regarding that
> problem. It happened when I tryed to pull into vi a huge file and as a
> result I had /var and /proc filled. I cleaned /var but what should I do
> with /proc since it is not realy a file system.

/proc is always full. It's not a real filesystem, but rather provides
a view of the processes currently running on the system. It grows and
shrinks as processes start and stop. Don't worry about /proc.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de
					(play) gj@freebsd.org