Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:43:25 +0100
From:      ict technician <ict@cardinalnewman.coventry.sch.uk>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        ianjhart@ntlworld.com
Subject:   More Adaptec 29320 + Seagate ST336607LW woes

--Boundary-00=_tqsj/xygnTWW4DE

[Please CC]

<preamble>
I'm taking a guess this is no longer firmware related and starting a new
thread.

see "AIC7902 w/ seagate U320 drive issue on releng-4 (and current)"

So anyway my luck eventually ran out and I lost /home following a crash.

So I restored and then moved the disks to a win2k computer and upgraded the
firmware (=> 0007) using Seatools Enterprise Ed.
</preamble>

I just had a card dump and panic after deleting ~2Gb of data.

panic ahd_run_qoutfifo recursion

Here's the dmesg and the dump (from messages, sorry). Note the shared irq for
channel B on the Adaptec

I've since disabled "everything" and moved the Adaptec to another slot. Now
the realtek and channel A are sharing. Since channel A has no devices I
figure this is safer.

Attached files and gziped due to size/line length.

Oh and this has vinum raid10 /var /usr /home if that matters.

firewall# uname -a
FreeBSD firewall.cardinalnewman.lan 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #0: Mon Aug
11 11:57:24 BST 2003
ict@dumpster.cardinalnewman.lan:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FIREWALL  i386

July 31st jp snapshot IIRC.

--
i j hart

ICT Technician
Cardinal Newman Catholic School & Community College

--Boundary-00=_tqsj/xygnTWW4DE--