Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 15:31:54 +0000
From:      Neil Clark <nbc@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Catastrophic Failure!

In message <8374.816014399@time.cdrom.com>you write:

>Well, it's not that long or difficult a procedure - go ahead.  You
>must sleep sometime! :-)

It may not be difficult, but it will be long - I believe the SuperJANET
connection to the USA has been afflicted by gremlins at the USA end,
and as a result we are getting an incredibly flaky service here in the UK.

The 4/11 snap doesn't seem to have appeared at my "local" mirror yet - the
directories are there but they are empty. I'll probably grab it from somewhere
else and, like you say, grab some sleep while I wait ;-)

>Can you reproduce it?

Doubtful. I would need to recreate the exact circumstances prior to the event
with great accuracy, which would involve logging onto several varieties of
machine and running benchmarks simultaneously, pointing netscape to the page
it was at at the time, and inviting the admin chap here again to emit the same
bogons while observing.

I think it would be easier to do a "make world" ;-)

Neil