Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 1997 00:22:04 -0400
From:      Michael Alwan <mjalwan@rma.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   staroffice installation

Hi all:

Some questions about StarOffice. I got the StarOffice 3.4 package (not
3.4beta, but the latest package at ftp.freebsd.org) and the
linux_lib-2.4.  Installed both, enabled linux compatability in rc.conf
(I'm running 3.0-970807-SNAP). Ran ldconfig in /compat/linux/sbin.
Rebooted: startup mesages indicate linux compatability is enabled. Go to
/usr/local/StarOffice-3.4 and try to run setup.  The message: "this UNIX
version is not supported."  I didn't see anything specific to this
problem in the archives.  Any ideas?  And why two StarOffice packages
under current (one a beta)?  Did I download the wrong one?

Thanks,

Michael Alwan