Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:35:31 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Alan Edmonds <alan.edmonds@sterling.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/17579: x11/kdebase11 fails to install under 4.0-STABLE

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 06:40:03AM -0800, Alan Edmonds wrote:
>  I jumped too quickly on this one.  It looks like when kdelibs11
>  installs, it fails to install the libkdecore.la file.  It
>  acts like it works, but the libkdecore.la isn't in /usr/local/lib.

It doesn't fail to install libkdecore.la - this is on purpose. I added
USE_LIBTOOL=yes two days ago, and then yesterday added something to insert
a null libkdecore.la file. The actual breakage is the various configure
scripts used by kde programs.

Anyway, I've committed a temporary fix so that people can install kde. I
say temporary because I've yet to speak with other ports folks about
whether this is the best way to solve the problem.

>  It could very well be a problem with my system. :-(

Not at all. :-)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>