Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:30:16 +1000
From:      Gavin Cameron <gavin@itworks.com.au>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Valid settings for WI_RID_TX_RATE

Hi all,

What are the valid settings for wicontrol's -t option ?

I ask because the include file dev/wi/if_wavelan_ieee.h says

#define WI_RID_TX_RATE		0xFC84 /* data rate for message xmit
 					* 0 == Fixed 1mbps
					* 1 == Fixed 2mbps
					* 2 == auto fallback
					*/

and the man page says

                   TX rate    NIC speed
                   1          Fixed Low (1Mbps)
                   2          Fixed Standard (2Mbps)
                   3          Auto Rate Select (High)
                   4          Fixed Medium (4Mbps)
                   5          Fixed High (6Mbps)
                   6          Auto Rate Select (Standard)
                   7          Auto Rate Select (Medium)

wicontrol simply does

                case 't':
                        wi_setword(iface, WI_RID_TX_RATE, atoi(optarg));
                        exit(0);
                        break;

to set the rate. Are we off by one as doing a -t 1 to set the speed to
1Mbps (as per the man page) will set the NIC to 2Mbps (as per the header
file).

What value should I use with -t to set the NIC to 11Mbps?

Thanks and cheers,
Gavin