Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 1996 11:06:00 -0500
From:      dbos@waterloo.net (David Bos)
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   FreeBSD X and serial mouse

I could not get my mouse set up to work with X.

When I boot up I get:

device sio0 at 0xf38-0x3ff irq4 on isa type 16450

I ran xf86config.

I tried a two button mouse or a three button mouse.
For the device I chose /dev/psm0 since I did not
see /dev/mouse and don't know how to make a device.

I read something about reconfiguring the kernel, but
I don't think that I have the source code ( unless
it comes with the bin distribution.)

When I do startx, I get a fatal error saying that
the mouse is not configured.

Thanks