Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 18:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hylafax configuration help needed

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> > I had a similar problem.  It wouldn't detect my Supra properly.  I ended
> > up going in and configuring it manually.  :(
>

> Did you have this background process too, always saying
> "something's hung, check your modem, eh?" ?

No, it stopped after the first time.  I have a feeling the script has a
problem.  Yours is an Exar versus my Supra which is Rockwell based, that
may have elicited a different reaction from the script.

> I examined faxaddmodem a bit and found that the response I
> got from my modem (0,2) was OK, the script also found it was
> a class 2 modem, then it continued checking other modem features
> which all seemed to be OK but still I had these nagging backgrounded
> message.

I have no clue.  Shouldn't have been backgrounded.

> Might there be still a shell (sh) problem? I havn't yet examined it
> deeper what exactly happens in this script but I'd be curious if anyone
> else running current and hylafax is seeing this problem.

Don't think so.  That script runs during the install only.  After it
finishes installing you can modify the modem config file in
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.* as necessary.  Some sample configs are in
/var/spool/fax/config.