Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:51:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        Ron Breault <ronbreault@netscape.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hello.

On 16 Dec 1998, Ron Breault wrote:

> Hello,Can you offer a little help w/the bt848 driver install.Your README says

Well, FreeBSD is YOUR software too. :)

> to copy *.h files into certain directories, althoughwhen I "tarred" the
> original file it seemed to create and place those in the proper spot. Also,
> you say to add a line to the /sys/conf/files but this file does not exist (
> either does the directory for that matter ).Should I create this on my own ?Is
> there a recommended location for the /sys/* directory ?

Hmm, the /sys dir is usually a symbolic link to the /usr/src/sys dir, if
you don't have either of these directories on your filesystem then it
means you do not have the source installed.. you can do it with sysinstall
I believe, and it's also rather easy to install the package from cd ( find
the dir and ./install.sh )

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( robert@namodn.com )