Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:33:44 +1000
From:      "Robert" <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.3-RC . Is something wrong with PPP and or mgetty?

Running mgetty and trying to do ppp from the laptop to the server...

mgetty picks up the line ok, andswers the phone and everything appears to be
normal.
Except - I can not ping the server, nor can the server ping the laptop.
Gateway is YES, buy the way..

The laptop is [203.1.96.3] and the server is [203.1.96.6] - the dns is
[203.1.96.5].

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif
Expire
default            203.1.96.5         UGSc       11     6600      ed0
127.0.0.1          127.0.0.1          UH          0        1      lo0
203.1.96           link#1             UC          0        0      ed0 =>
203.1.96.3         203.1.96.6         UH          0        0     tun0

I just recompiled mgetty, with -DAUTO_PPP and it makes not the slightest
difference. (Is this the default in the PORTS? )

Strangly enough, the conneciton is made, it actualy logs into the server -
but appears to be not able to do ppp over the line?

Does any one know what may be wrong there?

thanks.
Bob