Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:58:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel panic's still due to mbuf problems.

:Amongst all these `stream.c' emails, I noticed at least one which
:had a FreeBSD panic message saying there were no mbuf's free.  I
:think it was for a 3.4 system.  *That* is the bug which should be
:fixed.
:
:Darren

    I noticed that one too, but the author's email (if we are talking
    about the same one) also said that the attack went on for an hour
    before his machine paniced, which leads me to believe that the
    TCP stack is not to blame.  I've emailed the author some things
    to try.  Specifically, it is possible that the problem is related
    to the machine's route table eating all available KVM from temporary
    routes created by the spoofed source addresses.  There are sysctl's
    available to limit that sort of damage.  It is also possible that we
    still have a leak somewhere.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>