Date:      	Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:37:13 -0400
From:      Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

At 02:10 PM 7/5/96 -0400, Doug White wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Martin Loeffler wrote:
>
>> Pardon my ignorance, but can someone clue me in on how to install the crypt
>> libraries for FreeBSD v2.1 so that I can compile qpopper v2.2?
>
>I'm assuming you need the DES libraries, and you didin't install them
>when you initially installed the system.

I picked up the des.aa file, and others in the directory with it. No,
I didn't have the choice (or if I did, I missed it) to install it.

>Being that you're in Toronto, I think you'll have to get the
>international DES lbraries at ftp.internat.freebsd.org.  (?)  Then just
>'cat des.* | tar xzf -' to expand them.

Ok, will try.

>Note that if you are on 2.1-R or lower, you'll hose your passwords.

How can I tell?

>Is thait what you needed?

More or less, yes. Thanks!

M.
--
 "Let x=x"

 Martin Loeffler, Curator of Computing Technology
 TEL Centre, Faculty of Education, University of Toronto
 martin.loeffler@utoronto.cao.ca