Date:      Sun, 11 May 2014 20:42:44 -0400
From:      Antoine Kallab <antoine@kallab.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "Secure Boot" motherboards (to avoid)?

> On May 11, 2014, at 19:00, John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org> wrote:
>=20
> The UEFI thing is why I had to go with PC-BSD rather than regular
> FreeBSD. My motherboard is an Asus Z87-PRO and there seems to be no way
> to disable UEFI in the bios, or conversely to enable 'legacy mode'.=20

You might want to look in to CoreBoot. It's a custom BIOS project. They have=
 a list of supported boards/chipsets on their wiki, and I do remember seeing=
 a lot of ASUS boards on the list.=20

I can't vouch for it in any way, just thought it might be something worth tr=
ying if you can't get your bios to behave.=20

Good luck.=20=