Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:02:23 -0000
From:      "P. van Leeuwen" <pvl@nanoteq.com>
To:        "'Howard Lew'" <hlew@www2.shoppersnet.com>, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Mike Roth <miker@acm.org>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: AMD K6

The one thing I've heard is that a make world breaks on the K6.
It's a fact that they run pretty hot, so overheating might be a problem.
I remember having the same problem with my old 486 when the fan
wasn' working properly.
Using an ATX motherboard may help, as the PSU fan blows over the CPU.
If anyone knows about any real bugs, please tell me, as I'm in the process
of buying myself a K6-200. I will probably also use a Asus TX97 board.

Pierre

P. van Leeuwen
pvl@nanoteq.com
http://www.nanoteq.co.za