Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:01:24 +0200
From:      Daniel Mpolokoso <daniel@zamnet.zm>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dummynet + Bridging

Hi,

Our attempts to implement a bandwidth management system using Dummynet and
Bridge (for network transparency) ended in dramatic kernel panics on our
4.2-RELEASE, Intel 810E based system with Intel Etherexpress Pro 10/100
NICs. No traces in the logs of what caused the crashes.

Having trawled through the list, it appears that we are not the only ones
experiencing difficulty with the above network configuration. I wonder if
anyone is able to shed more light on what the main instability issues are
(if any) and how to address them.

Thanks,

Daniel.
p/s I'm currently in the process of updating my sources to the latest
4.2-STABLE in readiness for 'make world'.