Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:09:03 -0300
From:      Robert Leo Hilliard Heuer <robert@altavoz.net>
To:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   about serial console...

Hallo!

   Sorry, but I forgot to tell you what I was talking about on the
mailing list.

   I'm trying to operate a freeBSD machine via the serial port. I've
followed the instrucions from the handbook and the internet.

Here's my last mail.

sorry!

----MAIL BEGIN----
Hallo!

    When my system boots I just cannot login. The prompt appears but
there's no response from my keyboard on the other side, where my
terminal emulator works. I've tried with another UNIX machine with
cu(1). I've tried with windows SecureCRT. I can see all the booting
process, but I cannot enter any data.

I've tried to change $TERM accordingly
I've tried some /etc/ttys:
/dev/ttyd0 "getty path you know" cons25 on secure
/dev/ttyd0 "idem" vt100 on secure
and so on.
I've tried on different workstations also.

What I'm doing wrong?

I've tried to boot from the floppies...the boot.config stuff on the
floppy... no problem... I get the messages on the other side but guess
what: I cannot enter any data over the serial line

    Any help would be appreciated.

Namely,

Robert.
----MAIL END----