Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:49:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        kozlowsm@alpha.mini.pw.edu.pl
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCIMCIA NIC

In message: <3CC445C3.30405@mini.pw.edu.pl>
            Marek Koz=B3owski <kozlowsm@alpha.mini.pw.edu.pl> writes:
: :-)
: I'm not sure but I suspect that this email sent yesterday has lost (s=
ent =

: before confirmation of my subscription). If not - sorry :(
: =

: There is a big list of supported PCIMCIA cards (10baseT and 100baseTX=
) =

: on PAO, unfortunately only names of cards are listed.
: Of course IntelEtherexpress work under every system, but..
: There are many quite cheap, well supported and realiable cards in Pol=
and =

: made by Eusso, D-Link, SureCom, CardBus etc etc. Standard PC cards ma=
de =

: by those vendors are usually based on very standard chipsets and do w=
ork =

: under many systems (including Solaris, NetWare etc) - of course with =

: drivers made by RealTek or others (those drivers work for many card m=
ade =

: by weel-known companies like Kingston, SMC etc too). Many of their =

: PCIMCIA cards seem to use standard chipsets too (for example RealTek =

: 8139CL, Intel DC21143 etc). How can I find what _chipsets_ are suppor=
ted =

: under FreeBSD (4.5 Stable)?

FreeBSD 4.x does not support CardBus.  The 32-bit cards do not work
and won't work until 5.0 is released in October or so.  This means
that the RealTek 8139, Intel 21143, etc do not work.  They all work in
-current with its CardBus support.

Warner