Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 05:09:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IBM ThinkPad iSeries 1200

At Tue, 20 Mar 2001 it looks like andrew@ugh.net.au composed:

andrew->Hi,
andrew->
andrew->I'm trying to install FreeBSD on an IBM ThinkPad iSeries 1200. I want to
andrew->get it to dual boot Windows98. The machine was originally purchased in
andrew->Japan, it doesn't seem to be sold elsewhere.
andrew->
andrew->FreeBSD installs fine but windows (from the IBM CD that comes with the
andrew->laptop) refuses to install unless the disk has just one FAT partition (ie
andrew->delete FreeBSD) - otherwise the installer has an invalid path error 99.
andrew->
andrew->Is there a way around this?
andrew->

.......... yes, my new Toshiba Satellite 1715xcds has the same
install CD for windowsME. I installed windwosME, went in and
"scandisk/defragged" the harddrive, grabbed a piece of paper and
wrote down the used space after the "scandisk/defragged", figured in
some additional space for possible future windows applications and
resized the partition using FIPS.

I then installed both Linux and FreeBSD and ended up with 4 (four)
primary partitions and use Linux's LILO to boot everything.

(Linux's View)

/dev/hda1 = windows
/dev/hda2 = Linux Swap
/dev/hda3 = Linux / (root)