Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:49:24 +0200 (EET)
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mgetty and iij-ppp

Hi!

Please avoid crossposting!!!

Once THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr wrote:
>      Hi
>
>      I'm trying to use mgetty (v1.0) to drive ppp (as explained in the
>      handbook : I've recompiled mgetty with AutoPPP support). I'm using
>      FreeBSD v2.2.5, installed from a CDROM.
>
>      I've got a problem : the initial connection (from a W**-95 client) is
>      done all right (I can ping an machine from the client through the
>      Ethernet I/F of my FreeBSD machine), but ppp does not stop after the
>      end of the connection. Thus, mgetty is never awakened, and I can't
>      make another connection from the client to the FreeBSD server (because
>      ppp does not know how to answer the modem call).
>
>      Do I need to patch ppp, so that it "exit()s" when the ppp connection
>      is over or is there a newer version of ppp ? (or am I missing some
>      black magic in the configuration files ?)

Yes, I had the same problem recently.
Download the latest ppp sources from http://www.freebsd.org/~brian

BTW, do you know, if Win95 supports PAP authentication, PRED1 and DEFLATE
compressions? Do you use `set encrypt MSChap' ?

Regards,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank