Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:48:25 +0100
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Fuyuhiko Maruyama <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
Cc:        joao@bowtie.nl, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.3.1 -pl7 SIGSEGV

Fuyuhiko Maruyama wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you try the patch attached?  This patch is for part of
> jdk1.3.1's green_threads.
>
> I found a problem in JVM code by your nice example.  The problem is
> that the JVM can get a FD bigger than JVM expects and it causes
> invalid access of some memory space -- bigger FD causes overflow of
> pre-allocated per-FD data array.

Seems to be a perfectly reasonable explanation, and our first test shows that
it works indeed.

I'm building the images now and we'll try lucene again and report back to you.

Thanks for the quick fix!
Marc.
Marc van Kempen               tel. +31 40 2 64 98 60
BowTie Technology             fax. +31 40 2 64 98 61
Raiffeisenstraat 7             mailto:marc@bowtie.nl
5611 CH  Eindhoven              http://www.bowtie.nl