Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:06:37 +0000
From:      Robert Downes <nullentropy@lineone.net>
To:        Bernardo Marcelo Brummer <bbrummer@solar.com.br>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: won't buildworld

Bernardo Marcelo Brummer wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade from 4.7 to 4.9
> I made cvsup (src-all), with no problems, then: cd /usr/src and:
> make buildworld
> It runs for a while (about 10 -15 minutes) and stops (see message bellow)
> I already tried cvsup three more times but always with the same result.
> Any upgrading hints?

Have you read the UPDATING file in /usr/src because sometimes it
contains important information regarding version upgrade builds (even
from 4.x to 4.y for instance). When I built 5.2 from 5.1, there was a
certain MAKE variable I had to include. I can't remember what it was,
but UPDATING should enlighten you.

--
Bob