Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:45:37 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG (Mike Smith)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3ware ATA RAID 3DM management utility available

On 25 Jan 2001 21:10:31 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hackers you wrote:

>(Please trim cc's on any followups to remove -hackers, thanks.)
>
>I'm happy to announce a quick public BETA cycle for the 3ware 3DM=20
>management utility for their family of ATA RAID controllers and FreeBSD.

Most exciting indeed!  Also, in terms of stability as compared to other
platforms, I have found the 3ware FreeBSD drivers as good if not better
than the LINUX and Windows NT and 2000 versions.  Those drivers are good,
but I did run into a couple of crashes and rebuilds on Windows.  But on =
the
more than half dozen production machines I have these cards in running
=46reeBSD, they have been rock solid for us as well as blazing fast!  =
With
the addition of the 3dm management utility it opens up a whole new cost
effective class of reliable storage for FreeBSD servers.

One small issue: 3ware has yet to update their web site.

Also, their FAQ references=20
http://www.3ware.com/products/faq.shtml#L14
which points to old outdated info about the status of the twe driver.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)