Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:22:02 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Michael Richards <026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cat exploit

Michael Richards wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is it just me or did everyone miss the point of Jay's message?

	It seems to me that a lot of people missed the point of one of the
warnings that someone else posted in response actually.  Don't use cat
routinely to view files. Use more, or better yet less since less doesn't
view binary files by default.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

"Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American people,
time and time again, and betrayed their trust. He is no longer an
effective leader. Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to put
the American people through an impeachment. He will serve absolutely no
purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible solution is for the
president to save some dignity and resign."

- William Jefferson Clinton, 1974