Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 12:15:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamil Weatherbee <support@cdrom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with FreeBSD (fwd)

	Technical Support
	Walnut Creek CDROM

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 01:04:46 +0200
From: John Basila <john_b@netvision.net.il>
To: info@cdrom.com
Subject: Problem with FreeBSD

Dear Reader...

	I bought FreeBSD from your site (www.cdrom.com) & I tryed to install it
	after I hade linux for about 1 year I wanted to see FreeBSD any way...

	The problem is :
	when the kernel (at boot time!) starts to look for hardware the screen gose blank!!
	simply BLANK!. & that's it I can't do anything, I tryed to go deep & see what is the
	problem, ok, I hade an old ISA Trident SVGA, I installed it & every thing went gr8!.

	hmm .. I tryed almost everything (Even removing ALL the cards EXCEPT the Graphic card
	& again nothing, the card is (very strangly) ATI Graphics Xpression 2DRAM, I even tryed
	it with my friends computer that hade an ATI 2VRAM nothing .. .it worked gr8!

	any way, I relly want to run the FreeBSD, couse I'm sick of linux, it's ok
	but it's full of securety holes & bugs!, but it's not bad AT ALL!, any way
	please help me out!. if you wold like me to send you any other info about my
	hardware please tell me.

							10x :)
							john Basila
							john_b@netvision.net.il