Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:56:29 -0400
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network performance tuning.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 01:50:05PM -0400, Bsdguru@aol.com wrote:
> The window is there for flow control and data integrity. You seek to
> undermine those concepts, which doesnt seem like a good idea for an "out of
> the box" operating system

Not at all.   Nothing I've suggested removes the window, or changes
the flow control properties in any way at all.  What I've suggested
is that we remove an outside, artifical limiting force, so those
mechanisms can actually do what is intended.

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440