Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:29:07 -0200
From:      "Alessandro Nunes" <nunes@corp.terra.com.br>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "G D McKee" <freebsd@gdmckee.com>
Subject:   RE: Can't mount CD-ROM  (acd0: READ_TOC command timeout - resetting)

I don't think that is a hardware failure because I can boot
with RELEASE-4.2 cd.
Maybe "sysctl" can force "ata" in PIO3, but I didn't find doc about
"hw.atamodes" variable (man don't describe it).

Does somebody knows where I can find documentation to
"hw.atamodes" variable of "sysctl"?

Alessandro Nunes
nunes@corp.terra.com.br
Terra Networks Brasil