Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:21:26 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interactive PPP

I am trying to tweak my ppp(8) configuration to make life a little
easier. I need to login interactively to use my hardware token. Right
now I do something like,

  # ppp SomeISP
  Working in interactive mode
  Using interface: tun0
  ppp ON my-notebook> term
  deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa3
  Type `~?' for help
  at
  OK
  atdt1800XXXXXXX

  SomeISP RAS

  login: cjc
  Password:

  Entering PPP mode...

  Ppp ON my-notebook>
  PPP ON my-notebook>

And at this point, my connection hums along just fine.

It's not so bad, but I would really not rather have to talk to the
modem and enter the phone number each time. I'd rather just type,

  # ppp SomeISP
  Working in interactive mode
  Using interface: tun0
  ppp ON my-notebook> some-command-i-don't-know

  SomeISP RAS

  login: cjc
  .
  .
  .

Is there a way to set this up? Any even easier ways?

Thanks.