Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:13:07 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pkg install kcachegrind dumps too much output

So, I've noticed this now, but also on make install of a port... At
the end when it dumps all the info about the various port/packages it
installed, it can produce a lot of output... In my case I don't know
how many ports I installed, but it was a couple screen fulls...

The problem is that the output at the end, that displays necessary info
and security info, is too long and overflows my default screen buffer...
Can we at least use a PAGER to make it readable?  Or print a command at
the end that lets you reprint the info out so you can pass it through
to pager?

As the default stands, we might as well NOT print the info since it's
so long and not readable [when you install a port that installed 10s
of dependant ports].

Thanks.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579