Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:54:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radius server with web/gui interface

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Marcin Jessa wrote:

> Yeah and that gives you absolutelly no possibility to add/remove/change
> the features of your Radmin.
> You'd need to write your own admin app for that.
> And why not doing this for freeradius which is very feature rich, free
> and with source code avaliable for quality inspection.
> The only reason to use commercial soft is to be able to get commercial
> support.
> And that gives you no guarantee their software is free for bugs.
> I doubt anyone checks for Radiator security risks as they do for
> freeradius.
>
> Cheers,
> Marcin.

When I first looked at freeradius several years ago it didn't have the
feature set I required, today things may be different, shrug.

You ever looked at Radiator/Radmin?  The source is there, I've made
changes to it and posted it back to them.  I needed commercial software
for the company I work because some companies require there be support for
software packages in case I move on or get hit by the proverbial beer
truck.

diana