Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 20:19:50 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bora Akyol <akyol@wireless.Stanford.EDU>
Cc:        dwhite@uoregon.edu, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DE Driver on 2.2 SNAP (Hello , Anybody there!!)

[CC: hackers deleted, as that is the wrong forum]

Bora Akyol wrote in message ID
<Pine.GSO.3.93.960628095243.19713A-100000@wireless.Stanford.EDU>:
> Hi
>
> The DE 21x4x driver is NOT in the generic kernel that is on the boot.flp
> for 2.2
> SNAP.
> I boot with the 2.1 SNAP and my DEC card is immediately recognized and
> with 2.2 SNAP it is not recognized. This leads me to believe that the
> driver is somehow not in the kernel.

Have you stopped to consider that the driver was updated in -current a
few weeks ago, so that might be your problem? What does the PCI probe
sequence during boot say?

I am a bit surprised by your report(s), since the new driver should
work with MORE cards, not less.

Gary