Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:43:38 -0500
From:      David Ward <David@intelemedia.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3c509 vs. DHCP

I'm guessing that to have DHCP enabled on a freeBSD 3.4 release machine,
with a WinNT 4.0 Server
acting as the DHCP server that I will need to have SAMBA installed and
configured first??

Currently I'm just looking at the 'Scanning for DHCP Servers...' dialog
box...what fun what fun...

unfortunately Greg's book only covers hang's on boot with the 509, and
dealing with an NT network isn't
covered at all to any extent that found as of yet..

David Ward
"I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want
more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often."
        - Brian Tracy
Network Administrator
Intelemedia Communications, Inc.
IVR Demo Line: 800-263-3120
Office: 972-994-0700 ext. 814
Mobile: 214-704-1659
Fax: 972-889-5309

Your continued satisfaction is Intelemedia's primary goal.
Our CEO, Eric Lenington, welcomes your feedback on the quality of service we
are providing. Please direct your
comments to eric@intelemedia.com.