Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:19:33 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will fixes for these FTP holes be MFC'ed in before release?

At 10:54 AM 4/10/2001, Walter Hop wrote:

>Yes. http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-07.html says,
>
>"FreeBSD, Inc.
>
>   FreeBSD is vulnerable to the glob-related bugs. We have corrected
>   these bugs in FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT and FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE, and they
>   will not be present in FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE."

I did notice this. However, when I look back at the CVS respository, I
see that the most recently changed file is popen.c, which was changed
3 weeks ago. The change was related to globbing, but doesn't seem to
cover all of the routines mentioned in

http://www.pgp.com/research/covert/advisories/048.asp

All of the other mods are significantly older.

So it probably pays to double-check and make sure that there are not
still holes.

--Brett