Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:28:39 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@maden.org>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing 4.4-RELEASE on a Compaq Deskpro

--wayzTnRSUXKNfBqd

* Christopher R. Maden <crism@maden.org> [20011009 13:12]: writing on the s=
ubject 'Re: Installing 4.4-RELEASE on a Compaq Deskpro'
| An answer from around the world saves the day!
|=20
|=20
| At 02:19 9-10-2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
| >Depending on how you created the floppy, it might fail sometimes. How ma=
ny
| >different floppies did you try?
|=20
| I had tried several.
|=20
| >Have u tried floppies for a different version of FBSD? I once had that=
=20
| >problem
| >with the iso iamges.
|=20
| Weird... 4.3-RELEASE seems to be working.
|=20
| Please consider this a bug report against 4.4-RELEASE.  (I had done quite=
 a=20
| bit of net searching and hadn't found anything about this.)
|=20
| Thanks, Wash.
|=20
| -Chris

Hi Chris,

I am glad that it worked. However I am not likely to file any bug report be=
cause
I personally haven't had time to reproduce the problem here (due to lack of=
 time).
Someone else may, if they really have the time to test the floppy images (d=
ownloaded
from ftp sites different than the one you used to see if the master images =
had issues).

Enjoy FreeBSD!!

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument o=
n=20
any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at=
=20
parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me=
.=20
-Dave Barry=20

--wayzTnRSUXKNfBqd

--wayzTnRSUXKNfBqd--