Date:      Tue, 08 Dec 1998 12:59:19 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        Ralf Joling <M.Joling@caiw.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install problem

You need to may need to repartition your drives to get them to work.  First,
backup *ALL* of your data.  Then use DOS's fdisk to remove all of the Logical
drives and the extended partition (FreeBSD needs its own entry in the partition
table.)

NOTE:  You do not need to remove the Primary partition.  (I assume you have
windows installed as c:\windows)

You should now be able to install FreeBSD and give it 2 GB of space, or
whatever, then boot back to dos and restore your Extended Partition and Logical
Drives.

Remember, FreeBSD needs to be installed within the first 1024 cylinders of your
hard drive.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to check that.

Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu

P.S. Please don't send HTML messages.