Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:04:50 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        jeff <jeff@flrtn1.occa.home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, iratus@home.com
Subject:   Re: SIG 11 with sysinstall

Please learn proper use of dots, commas and capitals.  It really makes
people more interested in reading your mail.

-On [20000118 08:00], jeff (jeff@flrtn1.occa.home.com) wrote:
>Hello-I have just tried to install, by cd, my new copy of 3.4-Release
>and ran into an odd problem

>The installation went (as usual) flawlessly until I tried to get back
>into the distributions page to install the games and dictionary
>distribs

>I got a signal 11 and the installation failed at that point

There's an option you can turn on during installation which is called
Debugging.  Set this to yes and then when you try the same things as
before try to see if you can switch to ALT-F2 (vty1) and see if you get
any error messages.

If not, take a peek at the PR database since we had a few reports about
sig11's in sysinstall.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd W/Asmodai         asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/B-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best