Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:16:33 -0400
From:      Dave Rideout <drideout@quansoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mounting a remote ntfs partition

FreeBSD users:
     I am running FreeBSD 3.3 Stable and am trying to mount the c$
administrative share of a windows nt 4.0 workstation.  I type in the
command
            mount -t nfs workstationname:/c$ /c
    and I get the message
          NFS Portmap: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out.

Do I need to install a nfs server on the nt box?  Is there anyway to
mount a folder using smbclient. If I need
to install a nfs server on the nt box, which software package would you
recommend?  I tryed using
mount_ntfs, but I believe that is just if you have the ntfs parition on
a different partition on your local physical
hard drive.

Any help would be appriciated.

Sincerely,

Dave Rideout