Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:11:40 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Micke Sundberg <mickebsd@yahoo.se>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel problem

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 06:45:00PM +0100, Micke Sundberg wrote:
> Can't I have both
> "controller snd0"
> and
> "device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1
> vector sbintr"
> In my own kernel?
> when I "config <mykernel>" I got error on the line
> where the "device sb0.." was and if I remove it I got
> some midi error on "make"
> I have a Sound Blaster 128 pci

For Sound Blaster 128 pci you need only

device pcm0

assuming FreeBSD 3.4. (well, 3.1 will do as well I think) and
make the appropriate device entry. Check the volumes
with mixer, in my case they are set to zero initially. There seem to be a
lot of SB128 pci card versions lately, and the stories of success vary as
well.

Karel.