Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:30:37 -0700
From:      "Matthew Fleming" <matthew.fleming@isilon.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode/current process: 12 (swi2: cambio)

> Since the last update and make world on Friday, 12th March I get a
crash
> on one of my FreeBSD SMP boxes (it is always the same core message),
> saying something about
>=20
> Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode [...] current process:
12
> (swi2: cambio)

Can you show the stack traceback from the kernel core?

We had a problem a while ago at Isilon that I can't tell if it's
related.  In our case, the camisr() routine was called after panic(9)
started and before the halt of other processors.  This did Bad
Things(TM) since the mtx_lock is a no-op after panicstr is set.

We solved it locally by wrapping camisr() in a local cambio_swi()
routine that only called camisr(NULL) when panicstr =3D=3D NULL.

Thanks,
matthew